Saturday, June 28, 2008

26th Wedding Anniversary

Thursday, July 3rd, will be mine and Tim's 26th wedding anniversary! It's hard to believe that we've been married that long....but, on the other hand, It seems like we've been together forever.

Photobucket

Tim was my very first boyfriend. We started dating when I was 15 years old and have been together ever since. When we married I had just turned 17 and he was 6 weeks away from his 19th birthday. We had to have my mother's permission to marry and even then we had to appear before a judge to be granted permission. The judge told us that he was going to give us permission but that he wanted us to know that 97% of teenage marriages fail. It was pretty tough going too, at first, because we were sinners. My father had been killed 2 months before our wedding and I was devastated. I spent the first year of our marriage in deep turmoil and depression.

After we had been married a little over a year, we decided that we needed God in our lives and that we needed to be baptized in Jesus Name in order to make our marriage work. So we started searching for a church that taught what we were looking for and found the church in Madera, pastored by Clifford Clark. Our first service was the week before the church was starting a revival with evangelist Larry Booker. We attended the revival, got baptized in the wonderful name of Jesus, received the gift of the Holy Ghost and have never looked back.

God has been so good to us and kept His hand on our lives and I am so thankful to Him! I love him with all my heart and pray that he never gives up on me.

Tim has been the best husband and father that I have ever known. I am privileged to be his wife and our children are blessed to have him as their father! I have never known a man so dedicated to having a christian spirit and trying to do the will of God. He has wisdom beyond his years and I trust him completely. My prayer is that the next 26 years are as blessed as the first 26 years!
Tim and I

4 comments:

Susan Hill said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so happy for you guys! God has truly blessed you and is using you in such a mighty way for His kingdom! Have a great anniversary and I'm sure that your next 26 years will be as fullfilling as the first! All our love!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Sister Wiggins:

I just found our blog and find it great. Loved the reports and the pictures...

Congratulations on everthing...

Blessings and love.

Shirle Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com

Andrea Whiseant said...

~Happy 26th Anniversary! You have such a beautiful love story. Thank you for sharing. Tim & I will be celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow. God bless you! Love, Andrea~

Tracie Smith said...

Wow! July 3rd was our 26th Wedding Anniversary, too!!! Small world....